Friday, January 06, 2006

Restricted and Unavailable

::rant on

Why do callers hide their phone numbers? It only causes anxiety for the person receiving the phone call. Should I answer it? Should I let it go to voicemail? I don’t know. What to do! What to do! What if it’s an emergency?

In my opinion, a friend wouldn’t want you to go through that anxiety right? I can understand bill collectors hiding their phone numbers. More commonly than not though, it’s some creep hiding behind a restricted phone number so they can harass you with their particular brand of weirdness without you having the ability to call them back and telling them where to stick it.

The thing is that these restricted and unavailable calls are 99.9% of the time, NOT anyone you want to talk to anyway. Given that, I’m lead to finally conclude that when MY phone says “restricted” or “unavailable” it’s in my best interest to simply not pick it up. Let it go to voicemail. Anyone that cares about me or really needs to speak to me will leave a message.

I vote for less stress (or better technology)!

::rant off

1 comment:

Luni said...

i so understand you. i receive those kind of phone calls as well even in my cellphone. what is caller ID for if the caller can choose to become incognito anytime?

I dont know if it is technology or something else...

anyway, i find your blog interesting! keep posting! I am Luna, you can visit my blog but you can't understand some posts because I am a Filipino. =)