It's Valentine's Day and since I forgot my wallet and don't have the car today (which has left me very hungry by the way), I won't be able to do much for my valentine today. Another unobserved holiday in my chain of recently unobserved holidays. Damn it!
The weekend did not go as planned and, yeah, I was majorly disappointed. I had spent a lot of time thinking about the weekend and, well, you know what they say about the best laid plans. Saturday turned into a drive-a-thon ... again ... and Sunday, the planned day of play, ended up as another vegging out day and I've had enough of those now (who knew you could have too many of those). The weather is nice and I'm feeling the need to get up and OUT. There's a 3-day weekend coming up so we'll see what gives then.
Part of the drive-a-thon on Saturday was a journey down to Ceres (another of God's unforsaken countries in the Central Valley) for a judging gig. Good stuff once I got there. Beyer, Riverbank and Fever were fun to watch but my fav of the day was Cardoza Middle School -- what a genuine and pleasant surprise they were and such fun to watch. Cool costuming, cool and aggressive show, good training, intelligent vocabulary. I was seriously impressed with the level of training and the developing skills of these junior high kids. Kudos!
The rest of the drive-a-thon was devoted to seeing family -- which was fun and I'm really glad we went -- but getting home was a true test of human endurance (and shhhh, I totally failed ;) Soooooo verrrryyyy tiiiiirrrrred.
I'm hungry, I'm hungry, I'm hungry ... and I want to go home ... I'm now officially clock-watching (which I hate doing). Three more hours til lift off !
.
No comments:
Post a Comment