
I'm concerned. This seems a bit "1984" to me.
Personally, I think a school's involvement in what a kid does on their own time falls in the land of Nunya … as in nunya business. I'm not saying what these particular kids are doing is right ... I'm saying it's not within the school's jurisdiction to punish them. At most it's the school's job to bring it to the attention of all the parents involved and then back off and allow parents to actually parent and, where applicable, get the law involved.
I worry for the average kid. Do you realize how many times each of would have been suspended (or flat out expelled) if our schools had made it their business to know what we were up to on our own time? What we were thinking? Or feeling? I dunno'. I don't think we turned out so bad and we didn't need them to tell us (or our parents) where to draw the line. This trend feels like a big rut roh to me. I guess my fear is that our society's growing paranoia is resulting in a continual and wholesale letting go of our personal freedoms ... and just as bad ... we've stopped questioning authority. See what you think of THIS
For me the words of Daffy Duck sum it up best … NOT THIS LITTLE BLACK DUCK.
No comments:
Post a Comment