Okay I confess, I need glasses. It was like magic ... I woke up on my 45th birthday and had presbyopia. Just like that! I've always needed glasses -- I've been near sighted pretty much all my life but it wasn't recognized til I was 12 so I learned to work with it over the years and haven't actually owned a pair of glasses in about five years. I have to say though the combination of near sightedness and presbyopia actually is a pretty bad combination.

For example, a few weeks ago I nearly drove my husband and myself into a ditch. Hey! It was dark! A couple of weeks ago I nearly creamed four people in a crosswalk in downtown Davis ... in the dark ... and last night I didn't see the four policemen standing in a gutter in downtown Davis ... in the dark ... and nearly took one of them out whose butt was sticking too far out into the street. The world looks one dimensional to me when it's dark. I guess it's time to give up and get the bifocals. Blech! My son says I drive like Mr. Magoo and unfortunately he's right. Guess I should get 'em before I try to shake hands with a grizzly bear Mr. Magoo style. Funny thing though -- the gating factor that finally made me decide to go ahead and get the dang bifocals -- I couldn't see my drill sets at camp last week.
Heh!
See you on the 50 wearing glasses
;)
No comments:
Post a Comment