Thursday, June 29, 2006

Love You Stubert

Occasionally our commitment to someone or something important in our life is severely tested. These occasions are always stressful. They are forks in the road, water shed moments, life changing events, take your pick. Without fail they send you down a road of self-discovery, bring to light exactly what you're made of spiritually, emotionally and morally and rigorously test your belief system ... not the beliefs you profess to your friends that you have ... but the real ones you use in your day-to-day decisions. It also tests your beliefs about the people you surround yourself with ... friends, associates, acquaintances. Sometimes what you find out on these jaunts is heartbreakingly disappointing. Sometime it's a kick-in-the-pants pleasure.

Update: 7/7/06
Some dearly held relationships and people in my life were recently put to the test. At first it seemed all would be well and I wrote what's above. At that time I was proud of how we all withstood something which I felt would surely tear us apart. But the final result, while it didn't ultimately tear us apart did result in the loss of three key and well-loved people and many hard feelings. Nearly two weeks later now we have put the most painful parts of it behind us. While many have come through with shining colors there were two who ... well didn't fare so well ... although their loss is serious, they are not the people I thought they were. I can't help but be disappointed in them both and wonder if we're not better off without them. Worse still they brought on the loss of a third ... a victim really whose talents, humor and dry wit will be sorely missed ... whose dedication to our cause and love for our craft are undeniable and beyond question ... the loss of Stu as a Reneguard member is very sad indeed. Almost miraculously he has found a home this season with Empire and I'm very happy for him. I hope it's everything he wants it to be and more. Good luck Stubert! You have my love, my best wishes and support and always my friendship. Renegades won't be the same without you.

XOXOXOXOXO

No comments: