Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Holy Petroleum By-Products Batman!?!?!

Why do women still wear Avon fragrances? I keep smelling them everywhere the last week or so. Is Avon having a sale? If you’re going to smell like cheap perfume, then just buy cheap perfume. Avon is not cheap, it only smells cheap. Maybe it’s not Avon at all…..maybe I have a brain tumor.

The new season of Dancing With The Stars is starting soon. On the list of contestants there’s about four people whose names I recognize. Consequently I don’t feel compelled to keep up with it this season EXCEPT that one of them is (in the category of WTF) Emmitt Smith. I know, I know, Jerry Rice did it too BUT as a receiver Jerry had the body style and the natural grace to pull it off – Emmitt, on the other hand, is built like a fire hydrant. Pairs should be interesting.

Speaking of “on the other hand” I was channel grazing last night at 10:00 pm just before getting ready for bed and I ran into the opening credits of “Fiddler On The Roof”. I knew I should go to bed but I love that movie and so, like a 6-year old kid, I bargained with myself and promised that I would watch it ONLY up through the bottle dance but, of course, ended up watching the whole thing and going to bed at like 1:00! Oy Vey!

Going back to TV dancing … it looks like the chick I picked on the first episode of “So You Think You Can Dance” this season (I think her name is Heidi) is gonna’ be the last chick on the show. I’m not saying she’ll necessarily win (in fact, I think the leprechaun guy may beat her) but she’s the best of the girls and has been all season. My only issue with her is that sometimes her ballroom style makes me just shudder. In some of the pieces she’s done it would have been nice to NOT be able to tell that’s where she got the bulk of her training.

On the real world front I’m paying for my ultra-relaxing weekend in spades with this work week. Who invented the concept of having to take the bad with the good anyway? Why can’t it just all be good? I’m having to work very hard to keep my weekend glow until at least Wednesday.

I relished the entire weekend off. Really I had the odd feeling of “oh, so this is what I’ve been missing”. We shopped, we slept in, we went to the movies, and we lounged like lizards. Maybe it’s just because we’re near the end of what has proved to be a really hard season but I’m feeling ready to hang up the guard gloves … maybe just until Open House, maybe permanently. There’s an awful lot to be said for sleeping in. Working full time and marching is like working 7 days a week for several weeks at a time. Even worse, cuz it takes such a toll physically and emotionally. I love it, but everyone has to retire some time. I know, I know, I say that every year but …. Well, we’ll see.

I just had an epiphany! I’ll bet somewhere here in the office is selling Avon!


:o

No comments: