Monday, June 25, 2007

Oh, I'm leaving on a jet plane ...

... <$1 to composer John Denver>

If you’re in the Midwest in the wee hours of Wednesday and you feel a disturbance in the force, don’t worry … it’s just Stu and I flying overhead about to drop into Minnesota for another weekend of drum corps insanity. We’re leaving on the red eye Wednesday morning and will arrive in the land of 10,000 lakes around 6:00 am or so. We have all of Wednesday and Thursday to do whatever we want so who knows what random chaos will ensue. Wednesday’s tentative, yet wacky, plan is to find and conquer the Mall of America … and yeah, that excites the 15 year old slice of me … I’m jazzed. We have rehearsal on Thursday night where I expect we’ll learn new work and/or drill and there may be a guard rehearsal on Friday especially for Stu and me to get caught up a bit ... maybe caught up enough to actually perform in a show this weekend. Stu and I worked together last Friday night and, thanks to the DVD Matt Kilinowski (superb host and videographer extraordinaire) sent us, I’ve been making gouges in my living room ceiling ever since (guard geeks you know what I mean). A big shout out and a hug to Matt and to David (Tiger Beat cover boy who performed the work on the CD for us). Thanks guys. You totally rock! So now I’m feeling ready to absorb some new stuff and will be packing a lot of Advil so I can make it happen.

Speaking of packing, I’m NOT listening to anyone who has lived in MN, driven through MN or had a third cousin twice removed who says the weather is “whatever” in MN at this time of year … I’m packing for HOT rehearsals and cold nights. Date u beddy much!

Highlights …
I still need shoes
I still need gloves
I came up with a costume that I didn’t have to sew it … whee!
I’ll be leaving on this little “tour” with about $20 in my pocket (and I have to laugh about how some things about me will just never change) … eh, maybe that’s a good thing … and hey, at least I’m consistent!!!

In the meantime, nothing flies without fuel … so see you drinking beer at the airport!


.

No comments: