Friday, July 13, 2007

Peace Descends ...

I’ve just finished paying my bills online and still have a little smidge of money in my pocket. I’m elated and as I sit at my desk sipping a latte, munching a muffin and taking stock of my life, I find that my glass is half full. There’s something positively rejuvenating in knowing that I have two complete days stretching out before me in which I can do anything at all or nothing at all … and it’s Friday the 13th so I shouldn’t be at all surprised that today is a very good day.

Tomorrow is Bastille Day and my Dad’s birthday. Growing up we always celebrated those two events in tandem and I’m thinking that I might journey to Napa tomorrow to the Domain Chandon where I’ll spread a blanket on the lawn, nibble on some bread and cheese, and do a bit of celebrating and reflecting with a bottle of Brut.

Happy Bastille Day!!

No comments: