The road of life isn’t necessarily straight!
While some people’s lives may be an interstate moving swiftly along, mine is a winding mountain road full of treacherous twists, changes in elevation and hairpin turns … much like a luge run in fact. After some reflection, I now see this as an advantage for a deadly hairpin turn, while it can be scary, can take me really close to territory I’ve already traveled … where the terrain and the view are familiar to me … where I can recognize the potholes in the road and avoid them this pass.I’m strapping on my seatbelt, hunkering down behind the wheel and welcoming those hairpin turns as opportunities from now on.
Everybody gets high, everybody gets low,
these are the days when anything goes
Everyday is a winding road
I get a little bit closer
Everyday is a faded sign
I get a little bit closer
To feeling fine
<$1 to Sheryl Crow>
.
1 comment:
I always come away pondering what you have said - may we be wiser when facing the return of the potholes the 2nd time round. You are good at the visual of the hairpin turn.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
D
Post a Comment