
As Thanksgiving approaches I find I have an awful lot to be really thankful for this year. We're only at the halfway point of fall and I'm ecstatic to report that my cup already runneth over.
#1 -- The potsticker -- who, as of today, has elbows and arms and is working diligently on developing feet and hands. (When you really think about it, it's just amazing how much can go absolutely wrong and yet how often it turns out absolutely right. Fingers crossed.
#2 -- The upcoming (really soon) marriage of my oldest kiddo.
#3 -- Small, manageable, albeit weekly, crises. Just a series of small deaths really; the Explorer's "oil sending unit" ($125), the clothes dryer ($85), the hot water heater ($0 and 3 days of no hot water), the Explorer's new cable and battery assembly ($500), the washing machine hose ($8 and a very wet garage), the laundry sink p-trap ($4), the cost of nothing major happening (priceless).
#4 -- Judging gigs every week for the past five weeks with one more to go and a champsionship nod. Woot! See you on the 50 ... for TWELVE hours :)
#5 -- Five confirmed assignments for CCGC. Another Woot!
My only Thanksgiving tradition since 1993 has been to dread, with every fiber of my being, the actual Thanksgiving holiday.
This year I'm really looking forward to it.

.
No comments:
Post a Comment