
I don't know how many winterguard seasons it's been now but I'm thinking this is number five ....
Boy, has that gone by fast!
I'm coming home to California for winterguard again this year and really putting my "doing it for the kids" philosophy to the test as I'll be spending nearly all my earnings just getting there and back. It's my choice. I choose to be involved. I have the following confirmed assignments for this winter season and I'm hoping to expand one or two of these weekend jaunts into an excursion to visit my kids and maybe squeak a Stubert visit in there too. Keeping good thoughts!
1/23 Homestead
2/6 Bakersfield
2/12 Fresno
2/20 Leigh
3/13 Independence
3/20 Oak Grove
3/27 Del Mar
4/3 Champs
I'm attempting to try branch out a bit this year by attending the evaluation show in the Phoenix area to see if they might give me an opportunity to do some local judging. It's a long shot that's worth a shot. We'll see.
I'm looking forward to the shows this year. I know it's tough to keep a program on the floor with the economy being what it is. I'm thinking a lack of funding might be problematic for many of the units and I'm hoping they can all make an appearance or two this year. The interesting thing about being broke is that it forces you to be creative ... honestly I'm anticipating some good might come out of that, necessity being the mother of invention and all. Maybe a return to stretching design skills and improving individual skills rather than relying on all the bells and whistles to get a concept across. Not that I don't enjoy the bells and whistles ... I truly do ... but I think a season of not being able to afford them may prove veddy intedesting!!
.
No comments:
Post a Comment