Sunday, March 28, 2010

Farewell WGAZ ...


I worked 3 of 4 blocks at WGAZ champs yesterday. EQ to GE to EQ again. Double panel, enormous venue (Phoenix Coliseum) and a loooong daaaay because it was a combined percussion and guard event organized by class. Meaning .... the SRA guards went on followed by the SRA drummers, etc. OMG!

I started at 11:18 (yes :18 believe it or not) and was finally saying goodbye to WGAZ and on my way at 8:30. There were 6 or so guards that made the day worthwhile but I think that's the hardest I've ever worked at being a judge. And it was ONLY 39 guards. I've done as many as 100 in a single weekend so why do the muscles that move my eyeballs feel as sore today as if I'd been lifting weights with them and why oh why does my voice sound full of dirt.

A grilled stuft burrito and 8 hours of sleep did not repair me. Oy! Coffee cup in hand and hoping for the best!

CCGC champs next weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing friends at the show and spending the rest of the weekend in Sac with both of my kids!


.

No comments: