Thursday, April 06, 2006

Home to Treasure Island


I went to Renegades camp this past weekend and all I can say is WOOHOO! There are several new people and even though there are fewer returning members than I thought there would be (and some who I will really miss) it seems like a really positive and skilled group of folks. I’ll admit to having been worried about all the staff changes and I will always miss Julie, Kathy and Shirlee I think they did wonderful things for the guard … and for me … things I’ll never forget … but happily the new staff seems like a good fit for Renegades and I’m really looking forward to seeing what we can all do together. For the first time in my Renegades experience there isn’t someone in the guard that’s never done guard before. This could mean good things for us this season. We were all throwing triples on rifle and doubles on flag our first day together! I wasn’t able to go to camp on Saturday (judging) but was there all day Sunday. We worked in the pouring rain at “home” on TI and pushed through to learn the entire opener … drill and equipment. This was a first for me as a Renegade. Usually we struggle to put existing equipment work on top of drill. Learning both at once made so much sense and made the whole thing flow easier. I had far less trouble pulling myself together than I usually do and I think it’s a direct result of not having to coordinate the top half with the bottom half. Plus I remember it all … which never happens for me until later. I’m really feeling positive about the season. Let’s go kick some ass!

FEWNU!

In other news I ran across this tidbit about Lewis the Cat and was intrigued. The only thing that could make Lewis any cooler in my book is if he was 7-toed instead of 6. Go Lewis! Show 'em who's boss! Check it out here

No comments: