... and everything rubs you the wrong way til you're raw. It is days like today that I really do wish I had winged monkeys.
I am completely irrationally irritated today to the point of being ready for a rubber room. Everything is the absolute END of the world today and I KNOW that’s crazy and I’ve had worse days and I need to do a better job of keeping my perspective, blah, blah, blah. People are dying in Africa and I have no right to complain … look where I live. Ok intellectually I get it ….even so ... I’m uncompromisingly, and unhappily, pissy today.
I went to bed irritated last night and it was still there when I woke up this morning. It’s sticking with me like a crack habit. It started when I got home yesterday and couldn’t figure out how to reconnect my computer and it just rolled downhill like a snowball outta’ hell from there. I just wanted to spend a few hours kicking back with my Sims and had to suffer through 30 minutes of sheer frustration to reconnect everything properly. Ack! And it was hot … I mean hot … really hot … all of last night. I woke up at 2:00 and couldn’t get back to sleep until 5:00 so I’m burnt to a crisp today. Add to that the joy of a broken email system at work which pretty much set the pace for the morning. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a truly intellectually challenged customer service rep for Sprint. Sometimes it frightens me how stupid adult people can be and I wonder how they get through their day to day life. More terrifying is … they get to vote …. and reproduce. While I was on the phone with the Sprint-idiot (as I now affectionately think of her) I received 3 phone messages – one was from the City of Davis telling me to get my trash can out of the gutter or I’ll be fined. What? When I get home I’ll figure out what the hell they’re talking about. The other 2 I simply saved for a time when I’m a little more sane. Thinking I’d get a grip on myself with some lunch, I headed over to the drive thru at Carl’s Jr. and hokey-smoke Bullwinkle got all the wrong food ............ and a cherry coke. Yuck and hurl! I absolutely despise cherry coke. Of course I discovered none of this until I was back at my desk food in hand. Lunchtime joy brought to me by a girl I’ve actually called to complain to the manager about on two previous occasions. Why does this chick still have a job? If I did my job like she does hers, I’d have been fired long ago. Today my focus at work is on a task I utterly abhor but its 1:09 and the day is half over now. If I didn’t have so much to do I would feign an ache or pain of some kind and go home and pull the covers over my head ... but I can’t. So I’m here. And actually feel a bit better for having emotionally-shot-my-wad in my blog. Whew! I will give fair warning to everyone at home as soon as I hit the front door that I’m a lousy person today ….. please don’t feed the bears.
Why is there no OTC pill for this?
No! YOU'RE a towel!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment