Last weekend was Renegades “end of Season 1.0 break”. We’re returning to the trenches this weekend with all day rehearsals at Treasure Island both Saturday and Sunday. I’m gearing up for it by doing all my normal weekend cleaning and shopping chores tonight … and stocking up on Gatorade. I like coming home to my own tub and my own bed after rehearsals but sometimes I’m just too tired to make the trip so I’m packing just in case I change my mind about staying down there Saturday night. Thankfully the temps have dropped and since we’ll be on the bay it should be pretty cool so I’m preparing for all weather eventualities. Sigh. And, ok, looking forward to getting back to the grind that is Renegades August stealth mode. We always emerge from stealth mode bigger, better and stronger and ready to kick ass – this year in Rochester – hopefully we’ll get a few minutes to see Niagara Falls while we’re there (see photo). Sidebar: Last time I was with a corps that performed in Rochester the audience threw concession food at us – obviously, I’ve never forgiven Rochester for that. I know how to hold a grudge I guess. We’ll see this year if they’ve developed any manners since the early 70’s. Otherwise it’s ON.
The random chaos factor promises to be high at camp this weekend:
a) we may, or may not, have a new guard member or three
b) we are learning new drill (there is NO new drill $1 to Stu and Pookie)
c) Lee Rudnicki will be joining us on the field
d) for those in the know, this MBoB will be flying solo but also flying her colors.
Consider yourself warned.
On the home front, the youngest has snagged a new job as the Ace hardware man. He’s starting today and he’s excited so I’m excited. The great thing about it is he can walk to work. Full benefits = good stuff. The oldest is getting ready to start yet another semester of college and still looking for that elusive job that will fit his student schedule. It’s tantamount to finding the Holy Grail apparently. He’s chomping at the bit to get back to school. I think summer vacation with no job (hence no money)= awfully boring. So chomp away kiddo!
My good friend and fellow MBoB, Stubert, has confirmed his plans to complete the drum corps season with Chops Inc. This rates an “excellent” on the good things scale. He’s attempting what is in my mind, the unthinkable, learning an entire show in two weekends and performing it successfully at DCA. If anyone can do it Stu can for he has tenacity coupled with some mighty chops. If things go well there he may elect to do it again next year despite the distance ... and might have some California company in doing so.
I finally made it down to Vacaville to get fitted for a bridesmaid dress so I can participate in the wedding of my very good friend Di. She and her beau Ross are tying the knot in October and I’m looking forward to celebrating their union with them. Di is one of the nicest and most thoughtful people on this planet … period … and she deserves life’s every happiness.
All other aspects of life are moving along according to the norm if not the plan.
All is relatively right with the world :)
No comments:
Post a Comment