For the record ... this is a gnome ... not a nome.Focus on February … nome … Focus on February … om nome … Focus on February … nome … Focus on February … om nome …
Many weird and wild things have happened in the last few weeks of January. The other day someone changed my internet banking password and cost me 90 minutes of my life that I’ll never get back fixing it on the phone with the bank – fortunately no money was missing. Last week someone changed my phone’s voicemail password and erased all my voicemail messages – costing me a mere 30 minutes of my life but causing much hair pulling dealing with the double digit IQ of the Metro CSRs. Cuz isn’t it fun when you know more about a company’s processes than its’ own employees do? Two weeks ago, I got home from the Homestead show around 2:30 a.m. and discovered that sometime during the evening someone moved/pushed the Little Frog from the curb where I had it parked in front of the house into the middle of an intersection, tossed the contents of the car (but took nothing) and damn near scratched off my 2007 tags. Sigh. Focus on February … nome.
Also weird are my new glasses – progressive lenses. The new glasses have abated the Mr. Magoo driver in me --- good thing too because I nearly drove over a cement divider and a stop sign the other day in Roseville -- but these glasses are so hard to use that I think I’m going to have to return them. I used them for the first time the other night at a guard show and I had to keep turning my head side to side and up and down so I could see the guards through the different sections of the lenses – I’m sure I looked like a big bird bobbing it’s head up and down up there in box. Sheesh! I’m thinking I’ll trade for two separate pair – one for distance, one for reading and that should fix it. Bette Davis was right – getting old ain’t for wimps. Focus on February … om nome.
Even more fun is that I’m getting evicted from a place where I no longer live. I expect it to lighten my bank account by about 6 grand before all is said and done. If you’ve ever been through an eviction you know what I mean. Funny thing is … I’m super okay with that … I don’t care … it’s a relief. Focus on February … nome.
So every week I try to take care of some new piece of business. First it was catching up on paying friends back who helped me bail on a moment’s notice … much love to Stu. Second it was getting glasses so I don’t roll the Frog into a ditch or make some unwitting Rosevillian The Frog’s new hood ornament and getting TB tested and fingerprinted both for schools and for the Secretary of State to give me my Notary commission. Next is getting into my storage and getting some sorely needed items that, in my haste, I forgot to bring with me. Beyond that … focus on February … om nome.
Today is the LAST day of January and February is finally HERE.
NOME!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment