Championship weekend begins tonight. There are three long shows to judge this weekend; Fresno on Friday, San Mateo on Saturday and San Jose on Sunday and while I’m thrilled for what they’re likely to do for my bank account I’m worried about having the energy to do it all as great as I want to do it.
Tonight I’m picking up my fellow MBoB Alton (that’s him in the picture circa 2002) from the airport and he’ll be my road dog throughout the weekend (and it’s good that I’ll have him to keep me awake through some of the more intense late night driving). We tried to convince Stu to go with his but he has an aversion to the 3-hour drive (wuss!). Personally, I think he just has a secret fear of frogs. So tomorrow at noon the road trip begins as Alton and I head down to Fresno for the first show. After the show we’ll be driving back to the bay area to connect with Stu (who will drive to the bay area but not RIDE to Fresno … sheesh) and our ace-coom-boom Diane and we’ll all get our hibernation on in a shared hotel room. Saturday morning Di, Alton and I get to sleep in while Stu journeys to San Mateo to judge the baby guards. We’ll catch up with him in the afternoon to judge the big kids and afterwards we’re all crashing at our friend Julie’s house for a “pajama party” (she’s the hostess with the mostest) where we’ll watch a lot of colorguard DVDs. I’m really looking forward to seeing Jules. On Sunday I’ll be the one that’s up and out early judging the baby guards (while everyone else sleeps in). Later in the day the remainder of the now enlarged entourage will catch up with me at the show and we’ll all watch the big guards together and alternately point and laugh, yawn and be completely inspired. There are many Reneguard alums planning to attend the show and I’m looking forward to reconnecting with most of them. Afterwards we’re all headed back to Julie’s to eat drink and be merry (for tomorrow may be scary). Somehow we will all make it back to Roseville on Sunday night/Monday morning where Alton has a 6 am flight out of Sac. Whew! And the weekend will be over. I hope I say all the right things into the tape recorder and write down all the right numbers. Mostly, I hope we have fun reconnecting. I hope we laugh a lot. I hope we take good memories of the 2007 season away with us.
Another season bites the dust this weekend and it sure went by quickly.
Real life begins again on April 2. Sigh. I hope I’m ready for it.
.
1 comment:
I HATE THIS PICTURE, I NEED POWDER TO TAKE AWAY THAT SHINE. BY THE LOOKS OF IT A VISIT TO AN AA MEETING MIGHT NOT BE SUCH A BAD IDEA EITHER.
Post a Comment