I nearly didn’t move into the new little apartment at all as three days ago my boss informed me that the company would like me to move down to a med center project in Santa Maria. It figures!!! I sit around for months and months with no place to be waiting for some life changing event to happen to me and it finally comes two weeks AFTER I’ve just signed away the next twelve months of my life. Oy Vey! I will miss the beach that I very nearly lived by but things happen for a reason and I trust that my guardian angels are doing their job with due diligence. So I will see you at Home Depot buying goodies to personalize my new postage stamp sized space (say that 10 times quickly) and wondering if lavender is a good color for a kitchen. Yes, that’s right, lavender.
Anyhoo ….
On the judging front I got some good news in the form of my first ever assignments for WBA. I’m excited! It’s a great opportunity for me to stretch my little judging wings in yet another circuit. Last weekend I judged a parade in San Jose for NCBA. Ewwwwww is my first impression of spring band season. Yuck is my second. Next Saturday I’ll be judging a parade in Stockton … and then moving my entire household. Thank goodness for good friends! The only true consolation for pulling double duty that day are the many margaritas we’re all sure to consume afterwards in celebration of Cinco de Mayo … or finishing the move, take your pick.
So once again I have a home base … a foundation … a fortress … a sanctuary … a place of respite from everything that has come before … a place to begin again … and I gotta’ say I’m feeling more than a little triumphant right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment