Friday, August 15, 2008

Never say "Never", but ..............



When one door closes another one opens. I know from experience that this is true.

Doors have been closed FOR me on a number of occasions and ALWAYS with unhappy, gotta-get-over-this results.

Doors have been closed BY me on occasion … with mixed results.

Just recently I’ve discovered doors can be stealthy little mofos that simply close themselves..

Surprise! Surprise!

Sometime between June 27 and July 1 my colorguard door quietly closed and the sound of the latch clicking went unheard.

Attributable to my life now being in Redding? To Kevin’s impending nuptials? To my reconnection with some past family members? To travel time? To rising gas costs? To all of the above? I guess the why is insignificant. That it happened at all is the significant part.

I think colorguard may be like perky boobs – that time has passed for me.

Or I'm just burned out???

All that’s left now is to see what’s behind the door that opens …

Like the twilight in the road up ahead
they don't see just where we're goin'
And all the secrets in the Universe
whisper in our ears
And all the years
will come and go
take us up
always up
We may never pass this way again


- Seals & Croft


.

3 comments:

Diane said...

I agree with the title of your post and listen to the sentiments contained within. I agree that "never say never" is a good plan. I have always paired you with guard "stuff" hair on fire as a performer LOL or teaching kids how to do it RIGHT as you create beauty. You are so much more than that and I guess I am going to be on the bleachers watching how the next door reveals more and more.

luckymajor said...

your boobs always seemed perky, but I wasn't really looking at them and I consider them perky as long as they don't touch your knees. I understand the need to focus on other aspects of your life, i guess it usually scares me when something so important in one's life is no longer very important at all. After all, colorguard is how I met you and I would not trade that for the world.

Kanika Clavejo said...

Your boobs are perky. Yes, I look. I compare. Yours are perky.