Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I will miss ....



the weight of you when you would jump into my bed in the wee hours of morning to sleep on my pillow, nibble at my fingers or pee on me as punishment for a slight, real or imaged

the extraordinary power of your "evil eye" as it effortlessly held both a 55-pound pitbull and an 80-pound lab-chow at bay

your greeting "meow" when I opened the door to go out to the washer and dryer

your jackson chameleon imitation are you stealthily crept around a sleeping dog showing us that there's probably a lot of wisdom behind the saying "let sleeping dogs lie"

your ownership of whatever food was in whatever bowl and your certainty that it was your right to eat it

your unwavering ability to feel my heavy heart and know when I needed you most

your mysterious habit of loving me only when I'm horizontal and not trusting me completely when I'm vertical

your uncanny ability to know just what my car engine sounded like out of all the car engines in a 300 unit apartment complex and knowing when it was time to greet me at the door

your ninja-like quality of traveling everywhere you wanted to go outdoors without ever touching the earth

I'm sorry Mo

Sorry we had to let you go

Sorry I didn't have the money to fix whatever was ailing you or even to find out what it was

Sorry you won't see your 5th birthday, but really glad you shared the first four with us

So incredibly sorry that now you're part of the earth you so often avoided

You will be missed little buddy ... there will never be another Motown.


...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my friend...I am sorry to see that Motown had problems and had to be put down. It is so sad when we lose those friends.

Enough already, eh?

D

Lisa B said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. I had to do the same thing about 5 months ago.

I have to comment about your mention of loving only while horizontal and not trust while vertical. We have one of those too! It's like we morph into a monster when we stand up!!

I'm sorry again that you had to tell your friend goodbye :(