Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's clouds illusions I recall, I really don't know clouds at all ...


Oh Judy Collins ... the things I could teach you about clouds! I wish I didn't know clouds at all.

The story of my life revolves around them and their silver linings. My clouds are plentiful and sometimes have silver linings but my silver linings always come with clouds. Fate gave me a cloud (the problem) and fate gave me the silver lining (the fix) the only trouble is that fate's timing stinks. It gave me the silver lining before the cloud and so I mistook the silver lining for a windfall.

I should have known >(

Long story short, I had a series of events that netted me some extra cash as of this coming Saturday. Oh the grandiose plans I made to get right with the world with that windfall!!!! Guess how much the car repair cost? No, I'm not kidding. Almost to the exact penny! So all the plans I had went out the window ... the car window I guess. Just when I felt like I finally had the world by the tail along comes the cloud and the whole thunderstorm with it. Whack! But the car is back on the road and I can now relocate (cloud or silver lining TBD) poor as ever but without the worry and guilt of leaving the kid stranded here.

I have a couple of silver linings to be really grateful for and I try to keep those in the front of my mind while I scrounge around for a raincoat in preparation for the next cloud burst.

Cloud: the job in Redding is wrapping up around 5/1
Silver Lining: I'm one of the lucky few being relocated to a new job team
Cloud: the new job team is in Santa Maria (San Luis Obispo)
Silver Lining: it's near the beach .. eh, ok I'm reaching here
Cloud: My SUV is having trouble accelerating
Silver Lining: it's still running

and my family is well and healthy and soon to be whole again ... now if I could just get some of that good health to rub off on my car .....





.

2 comments:

Lisa B said...

Thank God for silver linings!!!! It's one thing that gets me through life for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jam
I ran across your blog while working from home today and sitting on a 3 hr training call, I started at your 1st post and went all the way thought (so much for training), I laughed at times, teared up at others and spent a lot of time saying “I remember that”.

Very interesting stuff, it let me peek into the last 16 yrs a bit. You’ve grown into quite a woman and a great mom and I say that in the most respectful way. 35 yrs of knowing you have flown by.

Al