by NOT laboring
I spent all of Saturday in sloth-mode and enjoyed the cooler weather the monsoon brought by opening all the windows and letting the breeze blow through the house. It was the closest thing I've seen to Cali weather since I got here and it was a welcome relief.
On Sunday I spent the day with good friend Kanika and her kidlings playing at the pool, hanging out on the couch gossiping and catching up on the all the gab that is the gab. Good times!
Today I'm celebrating Labor Day by not laboring at all. This day made possible by the generations that came before me who worked 7 days a week, worked when they were still children, worked locked in sweat shops, worked in dangerous situations for less than they were worth and with absolutely no employee rights ... and, eventually, worked to make weekends and holidays, OSHA and overtime possible for sloths like me.
Kudos and thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment